Cookies16 July 2018
Salvin’s Jam Tart16 July 2018
This apple cake is perfect for breakfast or for afternoon tea. It is light and simple to prepare.
- 200 ml olive oil
- 300g sugar
- 4 eggs
- 300g plain flour
- 1 bag (15g) of cake baking yeast
- 2 oranges
- 1 lemon
- splash of amaretto liqueur
- packet of amaretto biscuits
- 5 apples
- Crush the amaretto biscuits.
- Chop finely the orange and lemon rind.
- Squeeze the juice of both fruits.
- Whisk the egg yolks with the sugar until fluffy. Add the olive oil.
- Add the rind and juice of the citrus fruits.
- Add the amaretto liquor, the sieved flour and the yeast.
- In a separate bowl whisk the egg whites (with a pinch of salt) to a peak.
- Fold the whites gently into the cake mixture.
- Peel and slice the apples.
- Pure the cake mixture into a lined cake tin, cover with the apple slices and a thin layer of chopped amaretto biscuits.
- Cook in a pre heated oven for 10 mins at 200c then for about 50 mins at 180°C.
- Before serving cover with icing sugar.