Wild mushroom risotto16 July 2018
From Lanzo to Salvin17 July 2018
This spinach and leek flan is a tasty but delicate starter served with a gorgonzola and grana padana cheese sauce.
- 500g spinach
- 1 leek
- olive oli
- 100g grana padano (grated)
- 4 eggs
- salt and pepper
- 50g butter
For roux sauce:
- 50 g flour
- 500 ml milk
- 50 g butter
For cheese sauce:
- 1 liter of single cream
- 100 g gorgonzola
- 50 g grana
- Fry the chopped leek in the olive oil, add the chopped spinach and cook for 5 minutes.
- Put all in a mixer and mix until smooth.
- In a bowl, mix the eggs, grana, nutmeg and vegetable mix.
- Prepare a roux sauce by mixing together on a slow heat the butter, flour and milk.
- Add to the egg mixture.
- Pour into the greased individual flan cases or a rectangle cake tin.
- Cook at 180°C for about 1 hour in a tray of water (bain-marie).
- Leave to cool slightly before slicing.
- Make a cheese sauce by melting the gorgonzola and grana in the cream over a gentle heat.
- Serve the flan with the cheese sauce poured over the top.